Re: Anaconda - Kadischi LiveCD installer

Jeremy Katz wrote:

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 06:31 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
I am working with some prototype installer Anaconda/Kadischi discs..
but to make that happen, Anaconda has been modified just a tiny bit.

I have a patch here that deals with a make dev/root node that if it recieves an OSError it will pass instead of fail, which is required inside the LiveCD environment. I'm not absolutely sure this is the
right way to handle this scenario however. Any thoughts?

The sentiment is reasonable -- I went for checking if it exists and only
creating it if not.  That way, we won't miss exceptions for other
reasons (read-only filesystem due to hardware failure, other mysterious
bogons)
Yes absolutely. I wasn't sure exactly how it should/would wanted to be handled upstream.
This is just excellent.
Besides these two bumps in the road, Anaconda runs smoothly through the Live environment. I believe there isn't too much difference generally, between the real installer disc environment and the Live environment..
some but not too much.

Thanks.
J. Hartline