Re: Anaconda - Kadischi LiveCD installer

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 06:31 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
> I am working with some prototype installer Anaconda/Kadischi discs..
> but to make that happen, Anaconda has been modified just a tiny bit.
>
> I have a patch here that deals with a make dev/root node that if it
> recieves an OSError it will pass
> instead of fail, which is required inside the LiveCD environment. I'm
> not absolutely sure this is the
> right way to handle this scenario however. Any thoughts?

The sentiment is reasonable -- I went for checking if it exists and only
creating it if not.  That way, we won't miss exceptions for other
reasons (read-only filesystem due to hardware failure, other mysterious
bogons)

> I also have a patch that makes Anaconda not fail, when trying to invoke
> syslogd when it is already
> running in teh LiveCD environment, and isn't in the same path as
> Anaconda would be looking for
> in a normal case scenario. Please look at the patches, and see if we can
> do something proper here
> to allow Anaconda to be spawned from a working LiveCD system.

Similarly, checking for existence and only running then rather than
catching all exceptions globally

Jeremy