Re: driverdisk option on RH7.3

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 17:35 +1000, John Colville wrote:
> Hello again Niels and Dan,
>
> I'm delighted to say that it now works and it was REALLY simple ! Thanks
> for all your hints and encouragement.
>
> I have written a simple script to clearly show every step required to
> take a vanilla RH7.3 distro set of 3 CDs and turn it into a
> cold-bootable DVD on a box that uses a 3ware 9500 RAID controller. This
> should serve as a good basis for similar endeavours. I've run it dozens
> of times today and it works well.
>
> I've attached a copy of this for you to consider but I'm not sure if it
> will end up in the list or not. I'd  like to post it somewhere because
> there must be loads of people who want to do something like this yet
> I've never seen an accurate and complete blow-by-blow description of
> exactly what to do.
>
> Regards,
> John

Hi John,

you've explained this really clear! The attached script will be a great
help for including Promise drivers the same way. My first tries will be
including a dd.img on the root of the CD, because that's more flexible
for adding other drivers as well... But this might be impossible, and if
it is, your script will be my guide for the generation process :)

Thanks for all your help,
Niels