Re: driverdisk option on RH7.3

Niels de Vos wrote:

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 23:25 +1000, john wrote:
Can I ask what makes you think that the name of this image should be dd.img ? Is it that I have perhaps misundstood some instruction somewhere ?

Well, I as looking for more or less the same you are trying to do.
Somewhere I got this link:
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2005-November/msg00018.html>

Hope it helps,
Niels

Niels,

Hmm, this URL doesn't look too good for us does it !

I'm also a bit confused. I note that it seems to suggest placing the dd.img in the root of initrd - which is definitately not of filesystem type iso9660... and so doesn't that also mean that the 'partition' argument of the driverdisk statement can't possibly be hda either ? Following on from this, wouldn't that all therefore mean that the kickstart statement should really be something like the following ....

   driverdisk <initrd partition name> --type=ext2

Am I barking up the wrong tree here (aka barking mad!) or is this correct ? If the latter, what would be the name for the initrd's partition ?

Also, by the look of the URL's follow up, a Mr Jeremy Katz is the man who knows the simple answer as to whether the 'driverdisk' option will (ever) work with 7.3 or not. Let's hope he's reading this !

It's very late here so I'll tinker with your suggestions tomorrow and let you know the result. In the meantime, if you have any other bright ideas you'd like me to experiment with, they will be warmly accepted !

Regards,
John.