Re: conditional auto-partioning of a disk

Paul Armor wrote:
Hi,
we're working on headless installation of a large number of computers. We're trying to install FC4, which I beleive is using anaconda 10.2.1.

These systems can be in either of two states:

Disk is already partioned, with one partition containing data we want to keep.

Disk is "blank", and we want to repartition in a particular way.

Several of us have poked around but not been able to put together a method by which we can do this within anaconda purely. I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a means by which we could do this.

Years ago, I had some success partitioning in %pre by piping commands into fdisk. I expect it wouldn't be too difficult to do so now.

It might be a little trickier if you want to use /dev/hda1 for some, /dev/hda2 for others, but I _think_ you can generate some ks fragment(s) and then %include them; if so then you can easily generate the required partition layout in shell script and then include it further down in the ks file.

I believe it also was possible (before include was invented) to simply rewrite the ks file in /tmp.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait