Re: Whither = and whence?

> Writing a syntactically correct ks.cfg for FC5 is turning out to be
> full of twisty little mazes, all alike.

Hopefully, the syntax has gotten more regular now.  At least, that's
what I have been trying to do.  Note that you now have
/usr/bin/ksvalidator at your disposal, which will check the syntax of a
kickstart file for you instead of having to cram it through anaconda and
see what happens.  Lots of errors will still only show up when you use
anaconda, because ksvalidator doesn't know anything about the hardware
on the target system.

> Someone please tell me that the '=' are optional, and that the parser will
> happily accept them if present and not complain if they aren't...

This is correct.  We are using python's optparse module for handling all
this stuff now, and it shouldn't care one way or the other if there's an
equals sign or not.  If you find a case where it matters, please file a
bug against pykickstart.

Alas, the documentation is always lagging.  I try to keep the
kickstart-docs.txt file that comes with anaconda up to date, but this
isn't synced up with the web site or docs team.  We really need to get
our stories straight on this.

- Chris