Re: anaconda bug: loader2/cdinstall.c's use of probeDevices

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 20:33 -0400, Steven Augart wrote:
> Thanks to some debugging statements, I've tracked down the source of
> the /sbin/loader crash I was experiencing that was hurting Mazu's
> installation process.
[snip]
> Unfortunately, Kudzu does not return a null pointer in this case.  Here
> is the official documentation (out of /usr/include/kudzu/kudzu.h) for
> what is actually returned:

A NULL pointer is returned in a few cases where probing fails, so
checking for NULL here is entirely appropriate and correct.  See the
inner loop which iterates over the elements of the array

> So, first of all, if someone can tell me how I can go about submitting a
> patch for the bug in cdinstall.c, I would appreciate knowing what to do.

In general, bug fixes can either be submitted as patches here or via
bugzilla.  The more complicated the change, the more helpful it is to
send here for discussion.

Jeremy