Re: Frustrated with a Custom FC5 Dist CD's

So I've been trying and trying ever since day one of FC5, but still no
luck. I'm not receiving any errors during the build process, and the
build cd's boot okay, but as soon as it gets to the install part it
spits the cd out and asks for the correct cd (No Fedora Core CD was
found which matches your boot media. Please insert......). I checked out
the .discinfo file and it looks exactly like (except for the datestamp)
the one on the original cd.

Could someone please let me know what could be going on.

I used the same commands, except splittree.py script because my
customized distro has only one CD :-) It works perfectly.

Cheers,

Thanyou, but that doesn't really help. I have had a little progress today when trying to do a xen guest install using the http method. Pointing at my build directory didn't work (couldn't find an installation at that location). So I pointed it to my fc5 directory (direct copy from the dvd) and it worked, so I knew the problem was with the build directory. After some investigation there was no xen directory in the insallation tree, a copy from the original dvd answered that problem. So now I can run an install from the built directory, using xen, and it works perfectly.

So is anyone able to tell me how to get the build process to create this xen image? Or will it always be a manual copy?

After this revelation I thought I would try to just copy the entire images directory, burn it to cd and then magically it would just work :) Well, unfortunatly, no :/

I am still getting the "No Fedora Core CD was found which matches your boot media. Please insert the Fedora Core CD and press OK to retry."

Can someone please enlighten me what the anaconda installer is looking for in this stage of the process. I'm trying to dig deep into the anaconda-runtime files, but I'm not getting very far as yet.

Thankyou for anyone who can answer these couple of questions and get me back on track.

Matt.

p.s.

I really cant believe it is this hard, is it because I am doing something wrong, or are there serious bugs with the public scripts (as I can tell the redhat "runroot" software is not publicly available, perhaps it does something that the distributed scripts cant handle without that wrapper ?)