Re: custom anaconda document

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 03:51:49PM -0800, Aggarwal, VikasX wrote:

>   Please tell if there is a  document for creating custom ISOs and  also
> how to quickly test them without creating the ISOs.

Others will have to answer the questions on how to make custom ISOs
against FC5t3.  As for testing, you can create the ISO images and
place them on an NFS server.  You can use the images from
images/pxeboot with a netboot server and point the NFS installation at
the directory with the .iso image and test that way.  Alternatively
you can export the tree you're using to create the ISOs via NFS and
install directly from there.

>   On web so far I could find custom installer creation for RH  7.2 or
> 7.3.  Is the procedure still the same or changed ?

It has changed somewhat, mostly with regard to the demise of genhdlist
et al.

Everyone is waiting for the plug, so here it is: You can create
specialized Anaconda based distributions using rBuilder Online, which
is a simple web interface.  It's just a matter of setting up a
project, adding your software or modifications to the repository,
creating a group (which is like writing a comps.xml, but using a web
UI), and creating a release.  Have a look at http://rpath.com/, click
on "Try It Now."

Cheers

Matt