Re: Options to buildinstall

Matt Wilson wrote:
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 03:55:40PM -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
I'm still curious as to if it is possible to build the installer for text-only installs.

I had patches around here somewhere that allowed you to turn off X
support.  Or maybe it was just to let you get through running "make".

If the tree that you're running upd-instroot against has no X
libraries in it, the resulting anaconda stage2.img should fall back to
text mode, thus you have a text-only install.

Thanks for the reply, Matt -

As far as the patches go, how do we know which version of anaconda-whatever to run them against? With all the CVS commits and such, I (i can't speak for everyone else) find it a bit difficult to tell version from version.

Forgive my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with upd-instroot, let alone if I'm using it.

Can I read more about this somewhere?

Thanks!

--
- Dan Trainor