Re: Mounting half of a swraid mirror

Once upon a time, Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 16:05 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > If that's the case, are hard drive installs going to be removed?  I'm
> > not going to create a VFAT partition just for that.  They are already
> > pretty limited since there's no support for LVM or software RAID (0 or
> > 5).  If you can't mount an ext3 as ext2 then hard drive installs are
> > going to be nearly useless (since anaconda tries only ext2 and vfat).
>
> Actually, now that we include all of the modules in the initrd, we
> should try mounting as ext3 for hard drive installs also.  I just
> committed that to CVS since I hadn't previously thought of it :)

Did you do it with the "noload" option?  That way the kernel won't try
to load the journal (which I think could break my attempts to install
from half of a software RAID mirror for example).

Alternately, is there a chance for support for software RAID and/or LVM
as an install source?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>