Re: Fedora Core 5 Test 2 development installation suspended

> > On 03/02/06, Makoto Sakurai <makoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> >>Dear all;
> >>
> >>I will report the installation error of the latest FC5-test2
> development.
> >>
> >>I tried to re-install Fedora Core 5 Test 2 development (boot.iso
> >>02-Feb-2006 02:20) from the download.fedora.redhat.com. However, it
> >>suspended with the following message;
> >>
> >>----------
> >>
> >>The package aIsa-lib-1.0.11-2rc2.i386 cannot be opened. This
> >>is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package.If you
> >>are installing from CD media this usually means the CD media
> >>is corrupt. or the CD drive is unable to read the media.

First, you might try the fedora-test-list. More folks there are actually
working on FC5Test2.

Whenever I run into a problem like this during installation, I'll go
into the console (Ctrl-Alt-F2) and install the highlighted package
directly. Then when I go back (Ctrl-Alt-F7 or F1), and retry the
process, it'll continue without problems.

I understand this doesn't work with all FC5Test installs, so YMMV.

Thanks,
Mike