Re: Anaconda and tty2

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 05:26:08PM +0530, Ajith Vargese Thampi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i build my custom anaconda-10.2.0.5. I dont get the tty2 while i
> get the tty3/4 and others.
>
> What could be the issue with tty2 not loading? Has it anything to do
> with busybox.anaconda being problematic? or is it anything to do with
> bash being problematic?

tty2 only comes up after you load stage2, since that's where bash is.
At what stage are you missing tty2?

> Also, i get really untidy text. Could this be because of the locales?
> how do i make sure the locales are present properly?

Yes, that's normally a locale problem.  Make sure the locale data
storage method matches the way that upd-instroot is copying locale
data.  Newer versions of glibc like to create a locale archive instead
of many individual locale files.

> Also, i have xorg running successfully and then the next instant it
> crashes with an IO error 104 in mini-wm. Are gnome packages ever
> necessary for anaconda to run in graphics mode?

This sometimes happens when anaconda's gui mode exits abruptly.  That
takes down X and kills miniwm's X connection.  You do need some GNOME
libraries (libgnomecanvas for example).

> Please do hoping for some  tips from the masters.

HTH.

Cheers,

Matt
--