To: "Hariharan" <harij22@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: FC4: CD Not Found - The Fedora Core CD was not found in any ofyour CDROM drives

Did you verify if you have .discinfo in your CD ?

Regards,

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 22:12 +0530, Hariharan wrote:
Hi All,

I am hitting this problem when i burn my custom CD, i know this is a
list for anaconda development but i have a few questions(near end of
mail) about anaconda working which i think will be best answered here.

Following is what i am doing

1> I am making a custom Fedora Core 4 CD1 with only
the packages that i want, i have removed the unwanted packages and
generated new hdlist using genhdlist from anaconda-runtime

2> When i try and use this custom install tree via
NFS based install all works and the install is successful

3> When i take the same install tree make and iso
out of it using

mkisofs -r -J -T -v -V "My Custom CD" -c
isolinux/boot.cat -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -o ../images.iso
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -1 .

and burning this iso onto the disk using nero
or Raxio etc, (i am burning the iso image and not the .iso file as
data).

4> I boot from above made CD, it asks me language,
keyboard type and installation methond, on selecting Local CDROM it
give me ":CD not Found" , The fedora Core CD was not found in any of
your CDROM drives.

5> I checked alt-3 which says trying to mount CD
device hda

6> alt-4 gives me
<7>ISO 9660 Extension: Microsoft Joliet Level
3
<4>Unable to load NLS charset utf8
<4>Unable to load NLS charset utf8
<7>ISO 9660 ExtensionsL RRIP_1991A

7> I have tried all the known workarounds to this
problem like ide=nodma , cdnodma , disabling smp etc but none have
worked.

Following things that i have already done

1> I have created checksum of the CD using implantmd5iso in
anaconda-runtime, however even after saying linux mediacheck it did
not
do media check.

2> Done all work arounds like ide=nodma, cdnodma etc , but
none worked

3> Used -r to set proper permissions on the iso.

4> Mounted the iso in the system and it works.

Following is the hardware that i am using

Dell PowerEdge SC 430, but i have tried the same on my sony
laptop VGN-S56GP and i get the same error.

Questions:

1> When and why does anaconda gives this error message

2> What does anaconda expects to see.

3> What can i do to debug this further.

Any help on what could be the possible reasons of trouble is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Hariharan