Re: iSCSI install: support install-from and/or install-to

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 05:22:34PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> While it might be useful eventually, I don't think it's something to
> really be concerned with for now.  There are plenty of perfectly
> reasonable ways to get access to installation trees now and I'm not sure
> that I really want to add support for more given the impact on testing
> that it causes :)

It is not a new installation method, it is similar to adding a new HBA
driver / module. I hope you don't have to test installation via all the
existing SCSI HBA drivers in the initrd, you would go insane. :)

I personally prefer a network install over CD.

But if all you have is iSCSI (no nfs/ftp/http server) how are you going to
install? That is not an unreasonable setup, especially if you have an
iSCSI attached CDROM.

-- Patrick Mansfield