installing on a jumbo frames network

I'm not sure if this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything in the archives about it.

I'm trying to install a machine via kickstart from another box via nfs.  I'm running into a problem that the node I'm installing can't talk to the nfs server because it drops the 9000 byte packets from the nfs server because it has the default mtu of 1500.  It was suggested in rfc 1191 that if you specify a smaller block size than the mtu then the server will not send these large packets and the install can complete.  So my question is how do I pass the rsize and wsize options to the installer?

The machine is booting with PXE and it gets the following kernel options from the pxe config file:
#install rhws3-x86-zeus-zeus01
#SERIAL NA 9600
DEFAULT xCAT
LABEL xCAT
KERNEL xcat/rhws3/x86/installz
APPEND utf8 root=/dev/ram nofb ks=nfs:xcm1-xcat:/install/scripts/rhws3/x86/zeus-zeus01 ksdevice=eth1 initrd=xcat/rhws3/x86/install.gz

Can I add it somewhere in the APPEND block?

Is there an another way I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?  I've run into a lot of dead ends so far, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

--
Alex Cresswell - Systems Analyst
RHCE, CCNA, CLE