Re: How to build a unique bootstrap cdrom for different Fedora distributions

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:26 +0200, R�s Odey�rote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build a bootable cdrom which can be used to install
> different Fedora's distributions. Our hardware configurations are based
> on ppc platforms.
>
> I did not see any specific documentation about this.
>
> So I tried to build this bootstap cdrom copying on the cdrom:
> - my first stage bootable image (with the loader part of anaconda)
> - a .discinfo file
> - the Fedora/base subdirectory (with the stage2.img)

Stage one is specifically built to know what stage2 it needs as we've
had problems in the past with out of sync trees.  Are you doing
something specifically to disable that in your .discinfo?

My suggestion would be do the selection in yaboot - setup multiple
entries in yaboot.conf with an appropriate timeout configured for each
vmlinuz and ramdisk.image.gz  of the installer for desired targets.

Paul