Problems to run anaconda installer with new kernel RPM

Title: Document sans titre
Hi,

I use a redhat 9.0 with a 2.4.20-8 kernel.
I have to made automatic installation with this OS.

Unfortunately it's apparently impossible to run S-ata drivers over this version of kernel.
so I decide to upgrade the kernel RPM to the last version (2.4.31).

I made without too much difficulties the new kernel RPM and it seems to work fine.
I build the anaconda installer without any errors but when i test the installation i have the following problems :
( with Intel ICH6 chipset and a SATA disk)

- the driver for the sata chipset is not automaticly loaded, and i need to load it manually from a driver disk
i think the problem is in the file pcitable but i can't find how anaconda build it,
and when i look to modules.cgz during the installation, my drivers are here.

- then the installation go without problem but when the system reboots, lilo doesn't work ! ( i have just "L" on the black screen and the system is frozen )

does anyone have idea about whats happend ? or have links to ressources to help me ?

thanks a lot

cordialement,

Fabien PERDRIX

--

Fabien PERDRIX
PhéBus Informatique

www.phebux.net

36A rue des 20 Toises
38950 Saint Martin le Vinoux
FRANCE
Tél. : (33) 04 76 75 95 95
Fax : (33) 04 76 56 03 55
mel : f_perdrix@xxxxxxxxx

Ce mel vous a été envoyé à partir du module messagerie de PheBuX équipé d'un Anti-Spam et d'un WebMail.
Solution française innovante, fiable et économique, PheBuX est soutenue par l'ANVAR

Visitez <http://www.phebux.net> pour vous faire une idée neuve de Linux !!!