Re: PATCH - software raid for ppc on installation

On 5/7/05, Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 19:23 -0400, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> > 3) Additionally, if you choose to RAID your /boot partition, the only
> > level that makes sense (to me anyway) is RAID1.  So I added a check in
> > the anaconda gui that ensures this.  Note that this will affect all
> > platforms, but this seems sensible to me.  I don't know of any
> > bootloaders that are able to read anything other than a mirrored RAID
> > filesystem.  Correct me here?
>
> This is already handled -- see the sanityCheckRaid method of the
> RaidRequestSpec in partRequests.py.

Ok, you're right...  The sanityCheckRaid() will identify RAIDed
bootable partitions that are not RAID1.

However, it does this as you attempt to FINISH the parititioning
scheme.  It seems a bit more user-friendly to address this where I
did, within the dialog where the user is attempting to create the RAID
partition.  Thoughts?

:-Dustin