How test changes made to Anaconda?

I'm following http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject to "Customize Anaconda", but it is a bit out of date, so I want to ask something to the list...

In part IV. Customizing Anaconda, point 4. Test changes made to Anaconda source, it is written:

"""
The first and easiest option is to create an RHUpdates folder in your build environment.

mkdir $BASE/fedora-custom/i386/RHUpdates

Any modified Anaconda source files can be copied to this directory, and then the standard Fedora Core Anaconda can be run with the 'updates' boot parameter (eg. boot: linux updates). If the 'updates' option is used, the Anaconda installer checks for files in the RHUpdates directory, and Anaconda is updated 'on-the-fly' with these files. This allows for rapid testing of any changes to the Anaconda source.
"""

Does it still works like that? If not, how can I test my changes?

In the same part:

"""
The second method .... anaconda --test -m nfs:/fedora/i386
"""

I want to use it but without nfs method, I want to use a local directory as "source". I have tried "anaconda --test -m /anaconda/base/i386" and I get an error "unknown install method: /anaconda/base/i386". What should I write to use a non nfs directory?

Thanks.