RE: 2.1AS kickstart - manual network config CD/DVD install

Patrick,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

> Take a look at setInstallData() in kickstart.py.
> self.readKickstart() gets called twice, once before %pre and
> once after (or at least it does so in RHEL 3).

The kickstart.py in RedHat/instimg/usr/lib/anaconda on a RHEL2.1ASU5
disc only calls self.readKickstart() once :\  I guess I could patch my
kickstart.py to read it twice.  I'll check that file on 3 or later and
modify mine accordingly to see if that works :)

> > In my ks.cfg I have "network --bootproto dhcp --device
> eth0" and then
> > in the %pre section I prompt for network configuration
> information and
> > then use sed to change the "network" line, redirect the output to a
> > temporary file and then copy this temp file back to /tmp/ks.cfg.
>
> Why not take the network setting out of your kickstart file
> and have anaconda prompt for it with it's own network screen?
>

>From what I've read in other threads, when doing a CDROM-based kickstart
on distros before RHEL3, anaconda doesn't care if "network" is missing
and uses DHCP automatically and doesn't prompt.  I can certainly try it
though :)  I'll try that first since I don't have to mess with modifying
anaconda.

Thanks for your help,
Andy.
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient,
but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the
sender immediately.