Re: 2.1AS kickstart - manual network config CD/DVD install

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Andrew Rechenberg Lists wrote:

> According to a couple of threads (I believe on) the kickstart-list
> and/or the anaconda-devel-list, the ks.cfg file is supposed to be
> re-read after the %pre section script is executed.  On a RHEL2.1ASU5
> install, this re-read doesn't seem to be happening.

Take a look at setInstallData() in kickstart.py.  self.readKickstart()
gets called twice, once before %pre and once after (or at least it does so
in RHEL 3).

> In my ks.cfg I have "network --bootproto dhcp --device eth0" and then in
> the %pre section I prompt for network configuration information and then
> use sed to change the "network" line, redirect the output to a temporary
> file and then copy this temp file back to /tmp/ks.cfg.

Why not take the network setting out of your kickstart file and have
anaconda prompt for it with it's own network screen?

--Patrick.