Re: config for undetected hda

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 14:57 -0500, David Becker wrote:
> I am trying to use Rocks's anaconda to install on a Xen virtual
> machine.   This fails when anaconda does not detect the existing
> disk partitions.   I would not expect it to detect the xen virtual block
> device since there is no PCI or IDE bus.  The hda1 and hda2 partitions
> exist and have the same major/minor numbers as an IDE disk.

It's not going to work.  anaconda needs to be able to detect devices to
use them to install to/from.  Otherwise, there's no way to be able to
catch people trying to install to non-existent devices.

Not to mention the bizarreness that is the fact that you only get the
partitions instead of the whole disk.

Jeremy