Re: Custom remaster of FC3, anaconda errors on install

Phil,

I am very encouraged to see your post about remastering FC3, and I am
glad that Earl has had success with your script as well.  I however am
about to go nuts trying to get this to work. (painful grin)  I, like you
(I think), am using the stock FC3 DVD tree, replacing RPMS with updated
ones, and remastering the DVD iso to get a patched install DVD.  I have
been working on this since FC3 was released with no success.  With FC2,
I used only the following to update hdlist with consistent success:

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora $FEDORAROOT

where $FEDORAROOT is the root of the build tree

When FC3 came out, I used the same command (which completed
successfully), but then I also experienced installer crash immediately
after "Preparing RPM Transaction", with the only terminal error being
the infamous: "WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag".
After research it seemed that the pkglist/fileorder was now necessary
with FC3 for some reason, so I tried the following:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora $FEDORAROOT
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder $FEDORAROOT i386 >
$FEDORAROOT/Fedora/base/pkgorder
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --fileorder
$FEDORAROOT/Fedora/base/pkgorder $FEDORAROOT

This procedure, (as well as your script) fails at pkgorder consistently
with the following loop:

warning: ignore package name relation(s) [49]   openoffice.org-libs -
>openoffice.org
warning: ignore package name relation(s) [50]   gtk+ -> gdk-pixbuf
warning: ignore package name relation(s) [51]   nautilus -> nautilus-cd-
burner
warning: LOOP:
warning: removing initscripts-8.01-1 "Requires: /sbin/nash" from tsort
relations.
warning:     initscripts-8.01-1
Requires: /sbin/nash
warning:     mkinitrd-4.1.19-1                        PreReq: dev
warning:     udev-039-10.FC3.6                        PreReq: lvm2
warning: removing lvm2-2.00.25-1.01 "Requires: kernel >= 2.6" from tsort
relations.
warning:     lvm2-2.00.25-1.01                        Requires: kernel
>= 2.6
warning:     kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.681_FC3               PreReq:
initscripts >= 5.83
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 265, in ?
    group.select(selectOptional = 1)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 670, in select
    self.selectDeps([pkgnevra])
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 571, in selectDeps
    p = depMatch(dep, self.grpset.hdrlist)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 172, in depMatch
    l.append(f[0])
KeyboardInterrupt

It seems to be some sort of looping dependency issue.  I have tried
rebuilding the DVD tree several times just to be sure I wasn't
accidentally deleting something, but I am fairly confident that I am not
doing something that obvious ;-)

Anyway, I apologize for the lengthy history here, but I hope that you
and/or other readers may have some insight.

BTW: my build system is running FC3 patched daily, and I have also tried
development versions of anaconda and anaconda-runtime with no success.

Thanks !!

Chris