Re: Custom remaster of FC3, anaconda errors on install

Phil,

You da-man....

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.  All of the
necessary steps are out there in one place or another
but we were unable to come up with a working
procedure.

In our particular case:
Single CDROM, "no-hands" install with custom Kickstart
Smaller than "Minimal" install (removed many RPM's)
Addition of cutom rolled RPMs

We found the direction at:
http://insipid.com/RHOneCD.pdf
to be most helpful with the exception of step #12.
Instead of running just 'genhdlist' mentioned in the
url above, we substituted (with appropriate paths)
your two commands:

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder /big/FC3 i386
Fedora > /tmp/pkglist
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --fileorder
 /tmp/pkglist --withnumbers --productpath Fedora
/big/FC3

and all was well.  There was NO need to hack up
comps.xml, .discinfo, or any other files.

Thanks again and enjoy your new year!

Earl

http://10.7.23.106/ks/FC3/Fedora/RPMS/aalib-1.4.0-5.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm

http://10.7.23.106/ks/FC3/Fedora/RPMS/cdrdao-1.1.9-6.i386.rpm