install of RPM just stuck

Hello all, have a strange problem here.

Install is based off of RH9.0, only change to the tree is a new
kernel. Ran genhdlist, pkgorder, buildinstall, etc and have generated
everything properly.

Now I put the apprpriate things on a CD to create a kickstart
environment.

Everything works well, boots into ISOLINUX, gets the KS config off an
http server, and begins doing an http install.

The problem is while its installing RPMs it will suddenly installing.
Its not frozen, I can switch to other virtual terminals, and even
interact with the system via VT2 (bash prompt), so this is what is
puzzling. Is there anyway to get some debug output out of anaconda for
instances like this? Nothing much has changed, I don't understand why
it just stops installing. The specspo is hung at 98%, and its pretty
repeatable.

The specspo RPM itself is fine, I have installed it manually off my
repository, so its certainly not corrupt.

Any insights?

Thanks.

/vijay