Re: python 2.4

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 02:39:51PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > I'd kinda like it if installclasses could be completely defined in
> > comps.xml.
> > Maybe that's crazy talk.
> I think so. I think installclasses should be defined elsewhere and comps
> should be more tightly constrained to be groups/hierarchy information
> only. Also the comps format is going to need to deal with archs in some
> more precise way going forward.

Okay. I guess I don't particularly care that it's comps.xml per se. Just
"not in anaconda proper" -- it seems more like a "distribution config file"
than a part of the installer. (I know there's the override thing (thanks!),
but why not go all the way?)

Hmm. I'm having deja vu.... Yeah, there was a conversation about this last
May, and looks like Jeremy had thought about it considerably already.

<https://listman.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2004-May/msg00050.html>

So yeah, I'm for that. :)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>