Creating a virtual image with Anaconda

Hi folks,

Hot on the heels of Stateless Linux, I decided to give the whole
diskless workstation idea a try. In doing so, I realized it would
be a good idea if I could create an image that I could later serve
via NFS to my diskless clients, and it seemed like anaconda is the
answer to all my problems.

However, after a cursory look at the documentation and the source,
I can't seem to figure it out. What I want from Anaconda is:
  -- to skip all the questions about formatting and so on that
     are really applicable to a real image, and just go to the
     application selection screen. This seems doable via
     kickstart, right?
  -- install the selected RPM's into a directory of my choosing.
     Now this seems to be a perfect fit for anaconda, but it's
     not at all aparent how to accomplish it.

Am I missing something? If not, and the feature is to be implemented,
would it be a big deal? If it's not a huge effort, I'd be willing to
implement it, with a bit of guidance from the anaconda-gurus. But
before I set out on this path, is this a desirable feature for anaconda,
or is there another way that I have overlooked?

--
Dimi.