Re: Follow up: loader modprobe network

Hello,
        I apologize for the string of emails. Is there a way in the loader
source
to force it to scan for the network devices. Here is a part of the anaconda
log from the original fc3 rescue cd and the rescue cd with my compiled
loader.

/* Original rescue cd */
~
~
* load module set done
* waiting for usb to become stable...
* 2 seconds.
* modules to insert hid keybdev
* module(s) hid keybdev  not found
* load module set done
* no firewire controller found
* no pcic controller found
* probing buses
* finished bus probing
* modules to insert tg3 aacraid
* loaded tg3 from /modules/modules.cgz
* loaded aacraid from /modules/modules.cgz
* inserted /tmp/tg3.ko
* inserted /tmp/aacraid.ko
* load module set done
* trying to mount CD device hda
* 2075984 kB are available
* mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /tmp/ramfs/stage2.img fd is 12
~
~

/* Rescue cd created with a a compiled loader from the anaconda sources */
/* I am using kickstart */
~
~
* load module set done
* waiting for usb to become stable...
* 2 seconds.
* modules to insert hid keybdev
* module(s) hid keybdev  not found
* load module set done
* no firewire controller found
* no pcic controller found
* probing buses
* finished bus probing
* modules to insert aacraid
* loaded aacraid from /modules/modules.cgz
* inserted /tmp/aacraid.ko
* load module set done
* getting kickstart file
* getting kickstart file from first CDROM
* getFileFromBlockDevice(hda, /tmp/ks.cfg)
* Searching for file on path /tmp/mnt//tmp/ks.cfg
* file copied to /tmp/ks.cfg
* setting up kickstart
* location = /mnt/source
* trying to mount CD device hda
~
~
As you see the only difference is the network.

I have compiled the loader sources on an FC2 machine. Would that be a
probable cause
for not detecting the network devices, may be a newer libkudzu is necessary?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sameer