RE genhdlist/fc3

Greetings,

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Gerald Teschl wrote:
> O.K. Looks like --fileorder is no longer optional with FC3.

Could you tell me how to use that flag?

Here's what I do:

1) Copy FC3 install directory tree from DVD to hard drive
2) Replace outdated packages with updates
3) Run genhdlist to make it a workable NFS install tree

Prior to FC3 I just ran:

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist /path/to/install/tree

...and that was it.

Now you mention that --fileorder is no longer optional.  I followed your
previous example of:

genhdlist --withnumbers --productpath Fedora <path>

...like so:

genhdlist --fileorder --withnumbers --productpath Fedora <path>

...but it gripes about wanting a path for --fileorder.  Not being very
familiar with this whole process (only wanting to build a plain install
tree with updates applied rather than something completely different), I
just used the same path listed the end of the command line and that didn't
work.  I've looked for docs and have found some howtos but all of them
(thus far) are too complicated because they talk about building custom
trees and CDs.

Could you please give me more info about --fileorder and tell me what
worked for you?

Thanks in advance,
--
Scott Dowdle, System Admin