Re: comps.xml on RHEL U3

Effie Baram wrote, around 10/30/2004 04:54 PM:
Dear list
I've search virtually everywhere for a guide/document/email describing the steps necessary to create a custom distribtution based on RHEL and unfortunately found none.
Back in the days  (RH7.x-RH9) you had to edit comps.xml remove the packages section,recreate the dependency tree, append it to the end of comps...etc.etc.
on RHEL I don't see the dependency tree so I wonder where are the dependencies verified/checked? I saw one line somewhere suggesting that starting FD2 it's optional but what does optional mean ? only when adding packages?
I have created a set of my own custom packages that I wanted to drop into the distribution. Do i simply need to add a line to comps.xml and recreate hdlist? I would greatly appreciate if anyone had the step by step of what needs to be done to customize RHEL and can share it.
Thanks!
Effie

I've used the procedure documented at http://penguin.triumf.ca/comps/9/comps-9.php to do this.

Note that you have to run 'getfullcomps.py' to generate the full comps.xml file that you describe.

--Hal