RHEL 3 genhdlist problems

Hello,

I've been using a home built deployment server to keep my RHEL machines current with
the latest updates from RH.  I've also been using it to build my new machines to the
update level we are currently as well as installing our own RPM's.  I'm move the latest
RPM's into my build directory, run genhdlist and be good to go and up until the latest
U3 update this has worked very nicely for us.  But something broke with the U3 release.

I initially noticed that my installs were breaking due to the grub install failing.  After
searching Google and the Red Hat mailing lists I saw a mention of a similar grub problem
which led me to this list and the message below.  Searching some more I found some info
that pointed me to this solution to the hdlist being in alphabetical order:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
rhroot=/some/nifty/place
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist $rhroot
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder $rhroot i386 > $rhroot/RedHat/base/pkgorder
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --fileorder $rhroot/RedHat/base/pkgorder $rhroot

Which seemed to be the ticket.  Unfortunately my hdlist is still being created in alphabetical
order not in the proper sequential order and I've run out of clues/ideas.  Does anyone have any
ideas on where I should look next?

Thanks,

Marc Mondragon

--
Marc Mondragon

Fox River Financial Resources/Ritchie Capital Investments, Ltd.
2100 Enterprise Avenue
Geneva, IL  60134
marcmo@xxxxxxxxxxxx