Re: FC2 and dual-boot Windows

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 13:39, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 13:35 -0700, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
> about
> there any
> without any
> > >
> > > I still have yet to reproduce the problem.  If you have a way to
> > > reliably reproduce it and are willing to test, there's some work
> going
> > > on in upstream parted to try to make it a non-issue.  As it stands
> right
> > > now, I'm following the discussion and it seems sane, but I can't
> do much
> > > in the way of testing.  If I have someone who can reproduce and
> who will
> > > test, it's easy enough for me to make an updates.img with an
> updated
> > > libparted that will get used.
> >
> > Really?  I thought that it was an issue for everyone.  I haven't had
> > time to even test it with Windows yet--I thought I'd get a fix first
> and
> > test that.  I'll see if I can reliably reproduce the problem and
> then
> > I'll test libparted.  Anaconda grabs the libparted from the
> installation
> > tree during buildinstall, doesn't it?  I can also test a newer
> parted
> > with buildinstall.
>
> It would be far easier if it were an issue for everyone ;-)  My new
> laptop came with XP pre-installed and I happily shrunk the partition
> and
> everything worked without any problems at all.  The libparted gets
> pulled from the package tree, yes, but I haven't built a CVS parted
> package yet.  You can if you'd like (or my offer definitely stands of
> making an updates.img)

Well, after many days of testing on various machines, I have never been
able to reproduce the problem.  I've released the discs into the wild
here, so I'll see if anyone else can reproduce the problem.  One thing
to note is that I did use all the latest updates in the build, so
perhaps the newer kernel fixed the problem.

Forrest