Re: quick my-patch-is-crashing-anaconda help?

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 15:47 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Part of my goal for our customized local anaconda is to speed up the
> installation for admins here. One of the things I do is prefill a lot of
> data, but I also skip steps which seem, for various reasons, unnecessary.

Doesn't seem unreasonable.

> One of these is the "welcome" screen -- the first one that displays when
> stage2 (anaconda proper) starts. I figure, we already saw the boot splash
> screen, and a couple of screens in the text mode loader -- why bother people
> with another 'welcome' now when we could just get right to it.
[snip]
> This works great, but with Fedora Core, presents a little problem: the
> "Back" button on the next step (either installtype or findinstall, depending
> on the situation) isn't getting properly greyed out -- and if you hit it,
> bam, there's a crash.
>
> What am I supposed to be doing to avoid that?

The back button only gets disabled if you're on what is the "first"
step.  With the current code base, there's now another screen between
the welcome and the language screen of "betanag".  And since I'm not
permanently skipping it if it's disabled, then it's showing up as the
first step.

Workaround is to add
+dispatch.skipStep("betanag", permanent = 1)

as well, though I've committed the change to installclass.py to not
require that in the future.

Jeremy