Re: FC3 working anaconda todo

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:06:48AM -0400, Joshua Jensen wrote:
[top-posting fixed]
> > > As a compromise how about setting up ntp, etc. based on the timeserver
> > > info in the dhcp server? Would this be workable? Granted it would not
> > > work for machines installed in a non-dhcp environment but it would be
> > > a start.
> > Optionally, one could be provided on the syslinux command line. This works
> > very well in our environment.
> Can you provide an example?

I don't mean that we give ntp server info on the command line now. I mean
that if we could, it would work well. What we *do* give is DNS information,
so that users don't have to look up a string of arcane numbers every time
they do an install.

(They just need to know their assigned static IP address, which usually
begins with 128.197.).

Adding the ability to distribute ntp server info this way would be cool. We
actually already preconfigure the ntp config file in the ntp package itself,
which works great after the installation is complete, but doesn't solve the
install-time-timestamp problem.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>