Re: rebuild comps.xml

Chan, Dominic wrote:

For what ever reason, (it is what I am trying to fix), when I combine
all 4 of my CD into one (adding the needed RPMS from CD2,3,and 4, into
the first CD), the RPMS that get install doesn't match up with what my
ks.cfg say.  I did generate a hdlist before I make the new iso.  I just
learn how to generate a pkgfile to solve another possible problem.  The
only lose end I have yet is rather I need to update comps.xml (which
seem a bit puzzling).  From what I gather from your email, where I am
using ks.cfg %package section to control what RPMS to install, I DO NOT
need to edit my comps.xml. Can you please confirm this
Well I used to believe what I told you but you're starting to make me doubt myself because of you problem. Are you running genhdlist a second time after you run pkgorder? eg.

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --productpath=Fedora /data/Fedora-Test/i386

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder /data/Fedora-Test/i386 i386 Fedora | tee /data/Fedora-Test/pkgorder.txt

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --productpath=Fedora --fileorder /data/Fedora-Test/pkgorder.txt /data/Fedora-Test/i386

I don't know why but it seems that you have to run genhdlist twice ...

Apart from that - don't be too scared to mess around with the comps.xml - actually something big changed in regards to comps.xml when Fedora was released. If you're customizing fedora - don't be scared - if you're using something earlier - check out the Fedora doc on 'editing comps.xml' - because the doc acually applies to pre-Fedora (even though it is on the fedora site)

p.s. - don't forget to backup your original comps.xml before messing around :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!