nfs mount fails during kickstart

Symptoms of my problem...

I have been working on this issue for some time and have narrowed it down to a problem - apparently with the ethernet port being used.

-  I can run an interactive install using the pxeboot / NFS share just fine - I can install to all combinations of machines.
-  When I try to do a kickstart install (on a SuperMicro X5DPR-TG2+ motherboard
   (Intel 82546DB on-motherboard NIC), the NFS mount fails and it will not read the kickstart file.
-  When I try to do a kickstart install (on a Dell 1600sc w/GBit ethernet on the motherboard -
   Intel 82540EM), the NFS mount fails and it will not read the kickstart file.
-  When I put the kickstart file on a floppy, it read the kickstart file but still fails on the NFS mount.
-  I installed a 3Com 3C905C ethernet card in the Dell 1600sc and used it to install - NFS mount has no problems.
-  I can use a Dell 350 w/100MB ethernet, and the kickstart runs through to completion - NFS mount has no problems.

I ran into a similar problem when I first set this system up for running a diskless workstation via PXEBOOT.
In this case it was the dhcp lease that was failing - I edited the boot script and forced it to try
multiple times to get a dhcp lease - the problem went away.  This indicates a timing problem..
(I was using all Dell 1600sc's when I did this).

I've seen writeups on this problem as far back as a year ago where they believe fast machines
(or slow switches) cause this type of behavior.  I'm surprised there aren't more complaints on
the mailing list based on the amount of problems I've encountered.  Of course this is in
anaconda for the kickstart case - I'm not familiar enough with python and the whole
building process yet to tackle solving what I suspect is simply a case of the software
not waiting long enough for the NFS mount to succeed.

I'm going to be setting up several of these machines and do not want to add a NIC just to install.

My environment is as follows:

Netgear unmanaged Gigabit switch (I've tried others as well)

DHCP/TFTP/PXE/NFS Server-  (all running on one host)
    Dell 1600sc
    Fedora Core 1 (released version)
    Single 2.8 GHz Xeon, 1 Gb network (1 NIC is on the motherboard)
    36 GB Ultra 320 SCSI hard drive

I've installed Core 1 and Core 2 test 1 & 2 interactively (using PXEBOOT) with no problems.
I've tried to use kickstart with Core 1 and Core 2 test 2.

Hosts that fail NFS mount with trying to run kickstart
    Dell 1600sc (I've tried several of these with same results)
    Single 2.8 GHz Xeon, 1 Gb network (1 NIC is on the motherboard)
    Several different hard drive configurations tried
        Ultra 320 SCSI
        ATA-100 IDE
        SATA (using promise SATA controller)

Hosts that successfully run kickstart
    Dell 350
         750 MHz Pentium 3, 10/100 Mb network (2 NICs are on the motherboard)
         ATA-66 IDE
   Dell 1600sc
        2.8 GHz Xeon, 10/100 Mb network - added card - 3Com 3C905C-TXM
        Ultra 320 SCSI

Thanks,
Joe