About new kernel package

HI!!!

I want to know how to build the new kernel package.as
RH9.0 is containig a 2.4.20-8. if i want to build my
new package & supply with my distribution. wat are the
steps for it.

As i have tried with source code but was not able to
get any spec file.so can anny one tell me how to build
a new package with custom kernel.

Also one more thing when i install my distribution &
new system is up at the boot loader prompt it shows
name of Red HAt Linux. Not of my distribution. I have
changed redhat-release & issue files. but it has nnot
helped me in installing bootloader name.

can any one tell me which parameters decide which name
should be entered in bootloader config file.