From: Brad Doctor [mailto:bdoctor@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 4:51 PM
To: Chan, Dominic
Cc: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Getting "CD Not Found" Message when installing from a
custom Redhat CD

Other issues aside that may be present, you are missing the .discinfo
file.

See the original disc for the format / structure of this file.
-brad

> I am trying to make a custom installation cd with redhat rhel 3.0 so
> that I only need to use a single CD for my OS installation.  I have
> create a ks.cfg file that install on ly 254 packages. I have create a
> directory under /var call /var/LZ3.  In its, I copy the entire first
CD
> from redhat to its.  Afterward, I just copy the needed RPM from
> CD2,3,and 4 into the installation point.  So when everything is say
and
> done, the dir inside /var/LZ3 looks exactly like the original 1st
> installation CD from redhat except it has more packages inside the
> RedHat\RPMS directory.
>

> /var

>   ----> LZ3

>           ---> autorun
>
>                dosutils
>
>                images
>
>                isolinux
>
>                RedHat
>

> Afterward, I CD to /var/LZ3/RedHat/base and use the genhdlist command
> update my hdlist file
>

> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --hdlist hdlist
> /var/LZ3
>

> and then I CD back to /var/LZ3 and use mkisofs to make the iso images
>

> mkisofs -r -T -J -V "Secure Linux" -b images/bootdisk.img -c
> isolinux/boot.cat -o /var/lz3.iso /var/LZ3/
>

> I have done this with previous redhat release without issue.  However,
> when I try it this time with rhel 3.0 installation, the newly created
CD
> boot fine, but when anaconda start to kicks in, I get the following
> messages
>

> CD Not Found
>
> The Red Hat Enterprise Linux CD was not found in any of your CDROM
> drives.
>
> Please insert the RedHat Enterprise Linux CD and press OK to retry
>

> Do anyone have any idea or hint on when I am doing wrong?  Is it the
> label I am using?  It was not an issue before?  Or does the
workstation
> I am running to make the CD has to be RHEL 3.0 also?  The workstation
> that currently containing all of my file/RPMS for the RHEL 3.0 is
> running RedHat 9.0.  Any feedback will be strongly appreciated
>

> dwc
>

> Both the individual sending this e-mail and The Lubrizol Corporation
intend that this electronic message be used exclusively by the
individual or entity to which it is intended to be addressed.  This
message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
thereby exempt and protected from unauthorized disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use
of its contents, is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this communication and are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
message from your e-mail system.

http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/cliquez_ici_pour_traduction_en_franca
is.htm

http://www.lubrizol.com/disclaimer/F?r_die_deutsche_?bersetzung_bitte_hi