Re: how to add a biarch package to upgrade list?

> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 18:19, Limin Gu wrote:
> > Try to send again.
> >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > I need your help with a problem I have.
> > >
> > > In the upgrade.py, if I want to add a new package which is
> > > not in findpackageset for upgrade, then I only need to do this:
> > >
> > > id.grpset.hdrlist["mypackage"].select()
> > >
> > > But if "mypackage" is a biarch package, how can I add it to
> > > the additional upgrade list?
>
> IIRC, the biarch package will be automatically detected.  Have you tried
> it?

During the upgrade, only already existing rpms are automatically detected
by findpackageset. Any package introduced in this installation is not.
upgrade.py has hard coded packages in order to make them into the upgrade
set, and it is done by "id.grpset.hdrlist["mypackage"].select()",  but
that wouldn't work on a biarch package.

Another thing is upgrade doesn't pick up the new packages in "core" and
"base", that seems a bug to me.

Thanks!

--Limin