Re: A newbies? question

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 10:06, Nick wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 04:29, Alain TAUCH wrote:
>
> Thanks for the response Alain
>
> Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:13:40 -0600
> > Nick [Nick] wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > Nick> WARNING: ordering not found for fwbuilder-1.1.2-1.fdr1.i386.rpm
> > Nick> WARNING: ordering not found for libfwbuilder-1.0.2-2.fdr1.i386.rpm
> > Nick> WARNING: ordering not found for fwbuilder-ipt-1.1.2-1.fdr1.i386.rpm
> > Nick>
> > Nick> Can someone tell me how to add this information??
> >
> > This should have been done when running pkgorder or buildinstall.
> > You didn't mention if you had erros when running pkgorder.
> > IIRC pkgorder uses the comps file. following your steps, it seems that
> > you changed your comps file _after_ running pkgorder so it may not
> > have added info about your packages.
>
> No I haven't changed it. between the
>
> I am running the steps in order and only get these errors on these
> programs. the two libs which support this program don't create these
> errors. Could it be that since these are programs that are not part of
> the normal distrbution, that the RPM is missing information or this
> system is missing something which is needed to order these?
>

> > Nick> Next question: Does the CD based install still use a kickstart file? I
> > Nick> want to run postinstall commands when doing this install.
> >
> > yes you _can_ use a kickstart file when running a CD based install.
>
> I guess I may have phrased this question incorrectly, I have always used
> floppies with a kickstart to run a CD based installation. I want to know
> how to modify the installation so that no floppy is needed. In other
> words I dont want another CD or floppy,  I want to modify the program
> that runs off the cd so that it runs a script at the beginning/end.
>
> Does the normal cd based install use a kickstart file that is on the CD
> that can be changed?

Alain,

I think you answered my question and I didn't realize it. I looked in
isolinux on the first cd and noticed that isolinux.cfg has an entry
already for ks. so if I set this up a bit and set the default to ks. I
should be able to run a kickstart as the default from the cd.

Thanks

--
Nick (Nix) Gray
Senior Systems Engineer