Re: Rebuilding Fedora Core (hangs while scrubbing trees)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> On Sunday 07 December 2003 09:28 pm, Ajay Ramaswamy wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 Dec 2003 7:57 am, Michael Fratoni wrote:
>
> > > Has anyone managed to build updated Fedora Core 1 disks using the
> > > stock anaconda included with the release? I've verified that this is
> > > reproducible here. I can rebuild the images with the stock packages
> > > repeatedly. Substitute the updated packages, and the process hangs.
> >
> > I have just verified this and the problem seems to be the updated
> > vnc-4.0-0.beta4.3.2 rpm. If I remove that I am able to build updated
> > CDs. Extract the rpm and "file /usr/bin/Xvnc" and it hangs.
>
> Odd.
> That was indeed the problem, I've just built updated disks without the vnc
> packages, and all went as expected.
>
> Thank you,
> - --
Hi,

     I feel like an idiot.  I should have posted here when I found the
problem and got a resolution in November.  Tim Waugh wrote a patch to fix
this little bug that was revealed when the new version of VNC was built.
I *think* I found it in Bugzilla.  Fixed RPMS for the file package can be
found at ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/disks/fedora/1/ Again, I'm sorry that
it took this long for you to get a resolution. --

          Bill in Denver