Bundling anaconda/redhat-install-packages in installer?

In an attempt to simplify the install process of some of our software, which typically requires the installation of multiple, inter-dependent packages, I'm setting up a self-extracting installer that will contain several RPM files, and run various commands to help picking the correct packages and pass them to the appropriate installer. Now, the "makeself" tool found at http://www.megastep.org/makeself/ does a rather good job when it comes to packaging everything, managing the data at install time, and providing hooks for custom install commands. I've also written a small script that will pick the appropriate RPMs and pass them on to redhat-install-packages or similar. I've been thinking, however, that it might be good to include the actual installer, too, in order to provide a consistent GUI between different platforms (I need to install on different Red Hat versions at least) and relax the installer's requirements in terms of the target system setup. Also, maybe a somewhat more guided process with documents displayed etc. in the manner of Anaconda might be good.

Does anyone have any idea what it would take to change redhat-config-packages into a reliable "standalone" version that might work on various different platforms, and be packaged with the installer? How about (a fuller version of) anaconda? If this isn't easily done with the Red Hat tools, does anyone know of other options?

Note: I've already assessed and rejected alternative methods like yum- or apt-based installation, partly because we have no guarantee that the target machine is connected (directly) to the Internet, partly because a method that requires elaborate setup steps before the installation can take place just isn't an alternative (even if these steps would simplify all future installs.) I've also tested InstallShield Multiplatform and InstallAnywhere, but they don't quite seem to be up to the job, at least not yet, since I *really* want to continue using rpm at the bottom (these applications do offer rpm integration, but it doesn't work well in the current versions.)

- Toralf