RE: rebuilding anaconda - which buildinstall do i use?

> hi people
>
> I have modified anaconda source and done a rpmbuild -ba anaconda.spec -
> this gave me a new anaconda rpm and also a new anaconda-runtime rpm.
>
> When i come to do my buildinstall for the custom cd - do i need to
> install my new anaconda-runtime on the build machine and use the
> buildinstall from that new custom rpm? or it makes no difference?

It gets pulled out of the new rpm for the most part, but if you modify
eg. buildinstall itself or some other scripts in anaconda-runtime you
need to have the custom anaconda-runtime installed on the build host.
IIRC most of even anaconda-runtime comes from the new rpm, just a some
parts from the installed, but to be on the safe side: upgrading to your
custom anaconda-runtime doesn't hurt anything either if you're unsure.

	- Panu -