mysql database install with anaconda

I am trying to add an RPM to a custom distribution of RedHat 9.0.  The RPM
installs a mysql database into the mysql.  The RPM depends on mysql-client
and mysqld and I can verify that anaconda installs them in the proper order
by reviewing the install log.

In the %post section of the rpm I try to do the following:
1) start the database - /etc/init.d/mysqld start
2) create a new database - mysql < file_to_create_db.sql
3) import the database - mysql db_name < database.sql
(for the sake of making the post shorter I took out the user/password)

This works on a booted box installing the rpm at the command line.  It even
works "sometimes" during the installer.  I believe this "sometimes" is due
to different networks?  The error message I see in the install log is file
not found /etc/sysconfig/network.  I tried creating a "dummy" file for this
by creating /etc/sysconfig/network at setting it to
"networking=yes\nhostname=localhost.localdomain".  Then deleting the file
after I've installed my database.  This fixed the problem on a few of the
networks but not all of them.

So is it possible to install a mysql database during the anaconda installer?
Is there a way to guarantee the network is setup by anaconda before this rpm
is installed?

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,
Bryan