Where is rpm.py located?

Greetings.

This is probably a FAQ, but I could not find anything on this issue on google and Red Hat's archives.

  Where is rpm.py or rpm404.py?  /usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py has:

try
    import rpm404 as rpm
except ImportError:
    import rpm

So, I look for rpm404.py and rpm.py on my system (running locate rpm404.py and locate rpm.py commands), but I do not find any of them. getfullcomps.py does run flawlessly. So what is the magic? Why isn't getfullcomps.py complaining about the missing modules? Any yes, my locate database is up to date.

I would like to get my hands to the source of these modules so I can figure out what functions are available for my own development.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: