Re: Dependency management / python rpm module docs

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:41:59 -0400
Alexander Rau [Alexander] wrote:

Alexander> > o. Given a list of rpms, how do I satisfy their dependencies?
Alexander>
Alexander> I found the kickstart-tools utilities most helpful in my process of making a
Alexander> custom distro. You can find them at http://kickstart-tools.sourceforge.net/
Alexander>
Alexander> Another tool I same accross is rpm-analyzer at
Alexander> http://www.maisondubonheur.com/rpm-analyzer/ Haven't really played around
Alexander> with it much though. It looks like it could do the trick.

if you get trouble with this one, please contact me ;-)

Alexander>
Alexander> > o. What files are required by anaconda to get things installed?
Alexander>
Alexander> I think you need these anaconda packages (also a rquirement for  the
Alexander> kickstart-tools utilities)
Alexander> -anaconda-runtime-9.0-4.i386.rpm
Alexander> -anaconda-9.0-4.i386.rpm
Alexander>
Alexander> If you want to rebuild anaconda (which I am trying to do right now with the
Alexander> help of this board) you will need the src rpms
Alexander> -anaconda-9.0-4.src.rpm

well you could have a look to the 'supported' group in comps.xml (RH9).
check the upd-instroot script too, there are listed packages
used during the installation process. some are not really needed
some no more exists but it may help you.

from upd-instroot (quickly checked):
  -//-
PACKAGES="glibc glibc-common setup openssl python python2 newt slang
         libtermcap zlib ash e2fsprogs util-linux raidtools popt
         procps rpm XFree86 Xconfigurator anaconda
         anaconda-runtime kudzu hwdata bzip2
         bzip2-libs dosfstools pciutils reiserfs-utils parted sed
         busybox-anaconda rpm-python booty hdparm lvm
         rhpl pyxf86config libxml2 libxml2-python glib2
         elfutils-libelf bogl-bterm bogl krb5-libs convertdb1"

if [ $ARCH = i386 -o $ARCH = x86_64 ]; then
    PACKAGES="$PACKAGES kernel-pcmcia-cs kernel-utils"
fi

if [ $ARCH = ia64 ]; then
    PACKAGES="$PACKAGES elilo"
fi

if [ $ARCH = s390 -o $ARCH = s390x ]; then
    PACKAGES="$PACKAGES s390utils oco binutils s390installer pdksh wget
        net-tools inetd openssh openssh-server coreutils modutils
        initscripts gawk xauth
        portmap telnet-server login ssh_keys"
fi
[...]
# Some packages are listed twice, but that's okay
#
# The packages in this list are needed for the graphical installer to run
#
# Extra stuff we want for rescue mode should go in PACKAGESRESCUE
#
PACKAGESGR="anaconda XFree86-libs libpng XFree86-75dpi-fonts
           XFree86-ISO8859-2-75dpi-fonts gtk2
           XFree86-ISO8859-9-75dpi-fonts esound audiofile libgnome
           XFree86-100dpi-fonts fonts-ISO8859-2 fonts-ISO8859-9
           XFree86-xfs e2fsprogs coreutils glibc glibc-common
           readline popt specspo util-linux rpm
           procps ncurses bash cpio
           XFree86 Xconfigurator gnome-python2 pygtk2 gdk-pixbuf
           XFree86-KOI8-R XFree86-KOI8-R-75dpi-fonts pam
           reiserfs-utils atk pango freetype gnome-python2-canvas
           libgnomecanvas libart_lgpl expat
           anaconda-images anaconda-help XFree86-base-fonts
           ttfonts-ko taipeifonts XFree86-ISO8859-15-75dpi-fonts rhpl
           redhat-config-keyboard Xft fontconfig redhat-artwork
           ttfonts-ja ttfonts-zh_TW bitmap-fonts-cjk urw-fonts
           comps-extras XFree86-libs-data convertdb1"

#
# stuff ONLY included for rescue mode
#
# these packages are combined with the PACKAGES and PACKAGESGR for big stage 2
#
PACKAGESRESCUE="bzip2 bzip2-libs dump
                findutils ftp gzip iputils joe krb5-libs less man
                mdadm modutils mtools mt-st mtr net-tools open
                openssh openssh-clients pciutils rsh traceroute tar"
  -//-

this is what I get in my RH9 upd-instroot, it might be quite
the same on RH8 and 7x since you can see here the Xconfigurator
package which was renamed before RH8 ...

cheers,

--
Alain