SOLVED (WORKAROUND) Re: no space left on device - when building updated RH-7.3

Dne Thursday, 11. September. 2003 09:30 John <red@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
napsal(a):
> > I can't, I would like to use the newest kernel. BUT, can I use newest
> > kernel except the kernel-BOOT package? This could work, couldn't it?
>
> Probably. Can't ever say for certain;-) Certainly though, you can
> install a different kernel from the version you install with.

SO, it works, i tested it yesterday. Simply upgraded everything but
kernel-BOOT package left in original version.

> > the problem is with cdrom.img, i think ...
> Yep, but my guess is you're trying to make a too-big file. Older kernel,
> prune the cruft.

yes , when I resize the image up to 4000k the buil went OK, but of course the
syslinux refuse to write bigger image than 2880k ...

> The boot image for CD is a 2.88 Mbyte floppy image.

z.p.