Re: no space left on device - when building updated RH-7.3

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Zdenek Pizl wrote:

> Dne Wednesday, 10. September. 2003 09:56 John <red@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> napsal(a):
> > > The problem is that all needed stuff doesn't fit into 2880k loop image.
> > > How have I modify scripts and/or lists of included files to avoid this
> > > error?
>
> >  Problem occurs with more recent kernels. Best stick with the old one,
> > if you can.
>
> I can't, I would like to use the newest kernel. BUT, can I use newest kernel
> except the kernel-BOOT package? This could work, couldn't it?

Probably. Can't ever say for certain;-) Certainly though, you can
install a different kernel from the version you install with.

> > Review your list of modules: possibly there are some that _you_ don't
> > need. For example, I use manly Intel and 3COM NICs. chiefly because
> > those are what came in the machines. Therefore, I can eliminate SMC.
> > Digital (Tulip), 8139 etc drivers.
> >
> > If you can boot of the LAN, do so. Then you don't need 1.4 or 2.8 Mbyte
> > floppy images.
>
> the problem is with cdrom.img, i think ...

Yep, but my guess is you're trying to make a too-big file. Older kernel,
prune the cruft.

The boot image for CD is a 2.88 Mbyte floppy image.

--
Please, reply only to the list.