syslinux messages in rh-9

Hi,
how can I change the syslinux boot messages when generating the
installer. I have tried modifying the anaconda sources (modified
the source, rebuilt the rpm and put it back in the tree and ran the
build process), modifying the local anaconda-runtime files in
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot and modifying the files in the
isolinux dir in the cd-tree before regenerating (which wiped the
changes, in that case).  I boot on the iso but I don't see any change

This fits my understanding that the installer is rebuilt from the rpms
that are actually in the build tree, but which one contains the syslinux
part if not anaconda?

Thanks.
--
Philippe Gendreau